Welcome ToLINDEN SQUARE ASSISTED LIVING CENTER
Welcome to Linden Square, Saline’s premier assisted living community!
Get In Touch
At Linden Square, we’re dedicated to providing you with the spacious accommodations, services, and amenities you need to live the comfortable, lifestyle you deserve. For more information on our community, keep scrolling, or jump to your area of interest using the provided links.
About Our Senior Living Community
Located in Saline, Michigan, Linden Square is an MDHHS-licensed assisted living center. We employ expert staff to provide high-quality living to our residents, including services such as daily meals, laundry, housekeeping, and more depending on individual needs. Our caring staff strives to provide assistance as needed to support residents in their independence, and to cultivate awarness of residents’ healthy, physcial and otherwise.
Welcome to Linden Square!
Our retirement community offers spacious assisted living residences, including one and two-bedroom apartments, and studio apartments. No matter what accommodations are best for you, every Linden Square retirement home comes with controlled access to your own living space and unlimited access to our many community buildings and amenities.
Linden Square Apartment Amenities
- Orthopedic bed (twin size) with accompanying nightstand
- Bath with non-slip floor, walk-in shower, handheld showerhead, over-the-sink storage, and handrails for safety and comfort, private to your apartment
- Coordinated linens and window treatments for functional beauty
- Privately controlled heating and cooling
- Easy-open bay window to let in fresh air, sunlight, and a view of Linden Square grounds
- Wireless internet
- Smoke detectors and sprinklers
- Basic cable TV (upgrades optional)
- Emergency call system
- Utilities (excluding telephone) included
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and sink (select units only)
Linden Square Community Features
- Accessibility, barrier-free
- Security system
- Covered entrance
- Common areas that are comfortable and pleasant, including the lobby, dining area, and living room with a working fireplace
- Catering service for on-site entertaining and events
- Central air conditioning
- Activities room with a large-screen television and plenty of options in games, puzzles, books, and exercise equipment
- Landscaped grounds and gardens
- Furnished patio
- Hydrotherapy whirlpool tub
- Convenient parks, shopping, churches, and medical facilities nearby
Our Pet Policy
To keep a pet on premises, residents must be able to care for the animal without assistance, and register the animal upon move-in and annually thereafter. The following must be presented to the Administrator to register a pet (breed and size restrictions also apply).
- Proof of neutering or spaying
- Proof of license (per local governing entity)
- Current, veterinarian-approved rabies certificate
- Photograph of animal, no smaller than 3”x5”
- Collar to be worn by animal at all times, which includes license tag, owner name, rabies tag, and inoculations tag
Health and Wellness
- Regular checks for blood pressure, prescription eyeglasses, and hearing aids
- Podiatrist-provided foot care
- Licensed nurses with access to vital medical information on staff
- Opportunities for social interaction
- Strength-building and fall prevention exercise programs, run by occupational therapy and physical therapy professionals
- Health and wellness seminars on a variety of relevant topics
- Exercise opportunities including walking groups, chair dancing, senior aerobics, balloon toss, and golf, tennis, and bowling on the Nintendo Wii
To provide excellence in care to our residents, Linden Square staff members are on duty at all times to meet residents’ needs. Our basic service offerings, covered in our basic monthly fee, include:
Meals & Snacks
Linden Square has three scheduled meals per day, with snacks (ice cream, baked goods, fruits, hot and cold beverages) available at any time. Hot breakfast is served 7 a.m.–9 a.m., with cold breakfast after 9 a.m.; Dinner is served at noon; and supper is served 5 p.m.–6 p.m.
Our home-cooked, nutritious, tasty meals are served in our dining room, which provides an enjoyable community social experience. Residents may choose to dine in their quarters instead (fee applies). Guests are welcome for meals at Linden Square (fee applies).
For residents taking medication, our staff can provide assistance with the process by opening difficult medication containers, giving reminders to take the medication, or by distributing the medication, all supervised by a professional nurse on staff.
Wellness Checks & Mail Service
When we bring residents their mail and newspapers, we make sure to check in to see how they’re faring.
Members of our maintenance staff perform necessary maintenance activities such as hanging picture frames, touching up paint, fixing leaky faucets, and changing light bulbs, in addition to handling issues of a more serious or urgent nature to ensure the upkeep of our facility.
Let us do the chores! Our housekeepers make beds (daily), change towels in bath (twice weekly), and wash residents’ laundry, change bed sheets, and carefully dust and vacuum (weekly), with care and consideration for personal and delicate items.
- Dressing/grooming/personal care assistance
- Bathing assistance (in shower or hydrotherapy tub)
- Assistance getting to and from events, activities, and meals
- Assistance getting into or out of bed
- Medical testing assistance
To ensure that residents receive the support that they need, additional assessments are conducted one month after moving into Linden Square and once per quarter.
If there’s a service you’re looking for that you don’t see on any of the above lists, don’t hesitate to ask! Our friendly staff is here to help, and we’re willing to work with you to ensure that all of your needs and wants are met. Give our office a call at 734-429-7600 for more information, or with any questions you may have.
Specialized Dementia Care
The Terrace is a neighborhood within our community, specializing in memory care for sufferers of dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other memory impairments. The Terrace’s knowledgeable and caring staff receives intensive training specific to caring for individuals with memory impairment and understanding the challenges they face.
The environment of The Terrace is adjusted to best serve residents experiencing impaired memory; it reduces the stress on memories, skills, and abilities which may be fading, allowing residents to experience less frustration and more confidence in performing the activities of daily living.
Support services at The Terrace go beyond Linden Square’s essential service offerings and include:
- Assisting residents’ use of mental facilities with prompts and cues, physical and visual
- Encouraging residents to engage in fun physical activity appropriate for their level of fitness
- Guiding social interactions with members of Linden Square staff, other residents, and visiting family and friends
- Supporting residents in performing daily tasks autonomously
- Planning care around the individual with an aim to best serve his or her needs, not around lost memory or skills or around a particular disease or affliction
- Assisting residents with grooming, dressing, bathing, and other personal care needs
- Assisting residents at meals
- Assisting residents with toileting and managing incontinence
- Supporting family members caring for residents with memory impairment
- Providing activities that are enjoyable for residents and promote self-esteem and happiness
Events at Linden Square
For more precise information on all the happenings and events going on this month at Linden Square, make sure to check out our monthly activity schedule, or read up on the community in our regular newsletter, both located below.
Social Events & Outings
At Linden Square, we do our best to provide residents with plenty of opportunities for recreation and social interaction. We hold many social events and outings every month for small and large groups, as well as individuals; some examples include:
- Guest speakers and entertainment
- Movie screenings
- Ice cream socials
- Cooking, crafting, and quilting
- Puzzles, bingo, and card games
- Color tours
- Gardening in our flowerbeds and planters
- Resident-requested trips
- Holiday and theme parties
- Visits to local eateries
- Worship services and Bible study groups
- Men’s and women’s coffee and book clubs