The Village at Bay Ridge
At the Village at Bay Ridge, we know that no two senior living communities are the same, and we know that you’re probably considering a lot of options for your retirement home. We believe that what sets the Village at Bay Ridge apart the most is not our spacious apartments and cottages, not our friendly and caring staff, and not even our large community rooms and other amenities. It’s our wide range of services designed to meet the needs and wants of our residents. We offer both on and off-site services to residents at no additional cost, as well as a few other add-on services that add a bit of luxury to your life, for a small additional fee.
Health & Wellness
The Village at Bay Ridge is a part of one of Traverse City’s premier continuum of care communities, which means we take our residents health very seriously. We want to ensure that you have all the services and amenities you need to keep yourself not only healthy, but truly well. That’s why we offer the following services, at no additional cost to you:
- Regular blood pressure checks
- Eyeglass and hearing aid checkups
- Wellness seminars
- Monthly opportunities to “Ask a Nurse”
- Fall prevention and strength training exercise programs
Out & About
At the Village at Bay Ridge, errands don’t have to be boring. We offer a convenient and fun Bay Ridge Community bus to all residents at no additional cost. The community bus takes regularly scheduled trips to:
- Local supermarkets
- Community library
- Shopping malls and area department stores
- Local senior center
- The Traverse City YMCA
- Many other destinations based upon regular resident requests.
At the Village at Bay Ridge, we’ll never charge you for a service that you don’t use. That’s why we offer add-on services with flexible schedules. Each of our add-on services is completely optional, and you may choose to use for a small additional fee. And if you don’t use the service, we won’t charge you. Some of our most frequently used add-on services include:
- Chef-prepared dinners—Available Monday through Friday, dinners are served in our elegant formal dining room. You can choose to simply pay as you go, or opt for an extended meal plan. Again, you’ll never pay for a meal you don’t eat.
- Housekeeping services—Choose a housekeeping schedule that fits your lifestyle. We offer biweekly, weekly, and spring cleaning options, so you can have your house cleaned regularly if you wish, or just every once in awhile, when you don’t have time to get to it yourself.
- Laundry service—We’ll wash all of your laundry for you, or just your linens. You choose an option that fits you best, and you’ll only pay when you need us to do the laundry.
- Handyperson—We hope our residents feel welcome to change and decorate their apartments in a way that suits their tastes. Sometimes that means you need to hang shelves, picture frames, or move in some more furniture. Hire our handyperson to handle those harder-to-handle odd jobs for you!
- Full service barber/beauty salon—Whether you’re getting your hair done for a night out, or you just need a bit of a cut and style, we offer a full-service beauty salon right in the community. Go whenever your schedule allows.
If there’s a service you’re looking for that you don’t see on any of the above lists, don’t hesitate to ask! Our friendly staff are here to help, and we’re willing to work with you to ensure that all of your needs and wants are met