411 IDA RED PARKWAY, HOLLAND, MI | 616-393-0828
Appledorn Assisted Living Center North
Our Mission: The mission of the Appledorn Assisted Living Center North is to provide residents with the support and care necessary, in a comfortable home setting. We seek to bolster our residents’ independence, self-sufficiency, and dignity as much as possible, without excessive restriction, and to foster social, personal, and psychological development of residents in our care.
To secure the health and comfort of our residents, the staff at Appledorn North is prepared to provide assistance at any time, for needs big or small. The following services are included in our base fee as part of the excellent care we provide our residents.
Meals & Snacks
Three times per day, our chefs prepare health-conscious and tasty fare. These meals are served in our community dining room, because meals are a big social event at Appledorn. Beverages (hot and cold), fruit, homemade muffins, and other treats are available whenever one wants to have a snack.
We serve breakfast from 7 a.m. until 9 a.m. After 9 a.m., a cold breakfast is available to resident. Lunch, our main course, is served at noon. At 5 p.m. until 6 p.m. we serve supper. For additional charges, residents may choose to to invite guests to a meal or to take meals in their units.
Wellness Checks & Mail Service
As Needed Care
At Appledorn North, we personalize care to your specific situation. To do this, we perform a Personal Needs Assessment that measures factors such as continence, mobility, mental acuity, and performance of essential daily tasks. Based upon this assessment, the results of which we review with the resident and family or representatives, supplementary care that exceeds our basic care offerings is provided (at an additional cost)
As-necessary supplementary services include:
- Bathing assistance (in shower or hydrotherapy tub)
- Assistance getting to and from events, activities, and meals
- Medical testing assistance
- Dressing/grooming/personal care assistance
- Assistance getting into or out of bed
To keep the residents of Appledorn North healthy and active, we offer programs, activities, and events to address the social, physical, emotional, and mental components of personal well-being.
- Exercise opportunities including walking groups, chair dancing, senior aerobics, balloon toss, and golf, tennis, and bowling on the Nintendo Wii
- Health and wellness seminars on a variety of relevant topics
- Opportunities for social interaction
- Licensed nurses with access to vital medical information on staff
- Podiatrist-provided foot care
- Regular checks for blood pressure, prescription eyeglasses, and hearing aids
- Strength-building and fall prevention exercise programs, run by occupational therapy and physical therapy professionals