Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center
Our Mission: We seek to provide senior adults with the care and support they need to live happy, healthy, dignified lives during their residence at Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center. We aim to provide necessary services without infringement on the self-sufficiency of residents, and to foster residents’ personal development.
To meet residents’ needs and provide excellent care, staff members are on duty at all times, to provide any assistance necessary. Bay Ridge’s basic service offerings, included in our standard monthly fee, include:
Meals & Snacks
Three times daily our house chef prepares delicious and nutritionally sound meals, served in our community dining room. Snacks (beverages hot and cold, fruit, homemade goodies, and other treats) are free for the asking, at any time!
At 7 a.m. until 9 a.m., breakfast is served, hot and to order. For those who like to sleep in, a cold breakfast is available after 9 a.m. Our main course, lunch, is served at noon. At 5 p.m., supper is served, until 6 p.m. Residents have the option to dine in their apartment units for meals, or to have meal time guests, both at a nominal additional fee.
Bay Ridge staff assists residents with medication reminders, help in opening troublesome containers, and in distributing and administering medication, all of which is supervised by a licensed nurse.
Wellness Checks & Mail Service
Daily we check in on residents’ health and well-being when we bring them their mail.
The maintenance staff at Bay Ridge are known for being friendly and helpful. They perform necessary chores such as hooking up cable, paint touch-ups, and changing light bulbs, in addition to handling more serious or urgent issues to ensure that our facility is properly maintained.
Bay Ridge housekeeping staff change bed sheets, wash residents’ laundry, and dust and vacuum carefully (weekly); change towels in bath (twice weekly); and makes beds (daily), with consideration and care for residents’ belongings.
As Needed Care
Each resident receives a Personal Needs Assessment upon entering Bay Ridge that helps us determine if any additional levels of care, beyond our standard offerings, are required. This assessment factors in mobility, daily task performance, continence, and cognition, and is repeated after one month’s residence at Bay Ridge and once per quarter throughout residence at our facility.
Additional services that we provide, as necessary, include:
- Assistance getting to and from events, activities, and meals
- Dressing/grooming/personal care assistance
- Medical testing assistance
- Bathing assistance (in shower or hydrotherapy tub)
- Assistance getting into or out of bed
To promote healthy and happy living, Bay Ridge provides the following health and wellness initiatives
- Licensed nurses with access to vital medical information on staff
- Regular checks for blood pressure, prescription eyeglasses, and hearing aids
- Strength-building and fall prevention exercise programs, run by occupational therapy and physical therapy professionals
- Podiatrist-provided foot care
- Opportunities for social interaction
- Exercise opportunities including walking groups, chair dancing, senior aerobics, balloon toss, and golf, tennis, and bowling on the Nintendo Wii
- Health and wellness seminars on a variety of relevant topics
Specialized Dementia Care
The Terrace, Bay Ridge’s dedicated memory care entity, is staffed by caring professionals trained in supporting those afflicted by Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other forms of memory impairment. The contained setting of Terrace is intentionally designed to make life easier and happier for residents by reducing demands on skills, abilities, and memories which may be reduced, thereby improving quality of life.
The Terrace’s memory-impairment support services include:
- Planning care around the individual with an aim to best serve his or her needs, not around lost memory or skills or around a particular disease or affliction
- Encouraging residents to engage in fun physical activity appropriate for their level of fitness
- Assisting residents’ use of mental facilities with prompts and cues, physical and visual
- Guiding social interactions with members of The Terrace staff, other residents, and visiting family and friends
- Assisting residents at meals
- Supporting residents in performing daily tasks autonomously
- Assisting residents with grooming, dressing, bathing, and other personal care needs
- Supporting family members caring for residents with memory impairment
- Assisting residents with toileting and managing incontinence
- Providing activities that are enjoyable for residents and promote self-esteem and happiness