Edgewood Assisted Living Center
Our Mission: At Edgewood Assisted Living Center, it is our mission to provide our residents with the care and dignity they deserve. We strive to provide support and foster physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being, while not infringing upon the independence of individuals.
Edgewood staff is available at all hours to assist our residents with their needs, big or small, planned or unforeseen. Our basic services include wellness checks, meals and snacks, medication assistance, housekeeping, and maintenance.
Meals & Snacks
Good-tasting snacks and drinks are available at all hours of the day and night and encompass fresh fruits, home-baked treats, ice cream, coffee, tea, juice, and more. These treats are all in addition to scheduled breakfast, dinner, and supper, served daily in the Edgewood dining room.
Meal times are as follows:
7 a.m.–9 a.m.—Breakfast (a hot breakfast, to order)
9 a.m.—Cold breakfast items available
5 p.m.–6 p.m.—Supper
For small additional fees, residents may have guests at meals, or choose to dine in their apartments, instead of the dining room.
Licensed nurses are on-staff and available 24/7. Trained Medication Technicians are scheduled around-the-clock to provide medication assistance which may include opening pill bottles, reminding residents to take medication and dispensing medication.
Wellness Checks & Mail Service
Everyday, when we deliver mail and newspapers, we talk with residents to ensure their happiness and well-being.
Edgewood employs maintenance staff to perform routine maintenance tasks such as putting up pictures and fixing leaky faucets as well as dealing with emergent maintenance situations.
Our skilled housekeeping staff take care of making beds (daily), changing bath towels (twice per week), washing bed linen and personal laundry (weekly), dusting and vacuuming (weekly), always treating residents’ personal items with care and delicacy.
As Needed Care
Additional services are available to supplement our basic service offerings, should you need it. All of our residents are assessed upon moving into Edgewood, one month after move-in, and every quarter. This Personal Needs Assessment takes into account the resident’s cognitive abilities, daily living activities, mobility, and continence, and results are discussed with the resident and their family, and determinations are made regarding the level of care required and additional fees which may be incurred.
Supplementary services include, but are not limited to:
- Nighttime tuck-in
- Medical testing and administration
- Toileting and incontinence assistance and management
- Escort to activities and meals
- Bathing assistance (in shower or hydrotherapy tub)
- Personal care, dressing, and grooming assistance
To encourage health and wellness, Edgewood offers many programs that promote health and happiness:
- Planned events and other social opportunities
- Exercise options including chair dancing, walking groups, balloon toss, aerobics, and more
- Fall prevention and strength building programs lead by professionals in physical and occupational therapy
- Seminars on wellness and health topics
- Fun fitness games such as bowling, tennis, and golf on the Nintendo Wii
- Pharmacist medication review and medication assistance supervised by a staff nurse
- On-staff registered nurses
- Blood pressure, hearing aid, and eyesight checks
- Foot care provided by podiatrists
Specialized Dementia Care
For residents facing memory impairment, dementia, or Alzheimer’s disease, our dedicated memory care unit, The Terrace, provides specialized care. Staff at The Terrace is experienced and knowledgeable about supporting individuals suffering from memory impairment, and the daily challenges these individuals face.
The Terrace focuses on person-centered care, which aims to address the needs and strengths of the individual, not their disease, impairment, or lost abilities. The modified setting that The Terrace provides allows residents freedom from the anxiety and stress of the home or traditional assisted living environment, which tasks memory and fading skills. Assisted living at The Terrace allows residents experiencing memory impairment to live their best life.
In addition to the services all Edgewood residents receive, residents of The Terrace benefit from:
- Assistance in maintaining daily routines and performing daily tasks
- Guided social interaction with guests, other residents, and Edgewood staff members
- Personal grooming and dressing assistance
- Assistance with meals
- Incontinence management and toileting assistance
- Family caregiver support
- Visual and physical prompts and cues to maintain mental function
- Opportunity for senior-friendly physical activity
- Planned activities that are constructive and enjoyable