The Village at Appledorn
What sets the Village at Appledorn apart from other independent senior living communities? Well, we like to think it’s the wide range of services offered to all of our residents. And our “only pay for what you use” policy. That means that we’ll never charge you for a service that you don’t use regularly. In fact, we offer quite a few services free of charge to all of our residents. But if you’d like to add on a few more for a bit of luxury in your life, we’ll only charge you when you actually use them. Read on for a list of our complimentary services, as well as some of our add-on service options.
Health & Wellness
The Village at Appledorn is part of the larger Appledorn continuum of care facility, which means we place our residents health and wellbeing as a top priority. To help you stay as healthy as possible, we offer a variety of optional on-site health and wellness programs to our residents, at no additional charge:
- Exercise classes
- Fully equipped fitness room
- Regular blood pressure checks
- Wellness seminars
- Foot care
- Eyeglass and hearing aid checkups
Out & About
The Village at Appledorn offers residents a community bus that makes running errands as easy as being dropped off at the front door! The community bus is available at no additional fee, and regularly takes trips to:
- Shopping malls and department stores
- Local supermarkets and grocery stores
- Local banks
- Breakfast outings
- A variety of other locations based on resident request
Like we mentioned before, the Village at Appledorn does offer add-on services for a small additional fee. You will only be charged for these services for as many times as you use them, and those combined fees will be added to your monthly payment. If you choose not to use them in the next month, there will be no additional cost! Our add-on services are designed to make your life a little easier:
- Homemade dinners served daily in our formal dining room. Choose to eat there when you please, or check out some of our various meal packages.
- Housekeeping services available on a schedule of your choosing. Most people choose to have their home cleaned on a weekly, bi-weekly, or spring cleaning basis, but we can easily work out a schedule that works for you.
- Personal laundry or linen service, again at your convenience. Have us handle all of your laundry, or opt to just have your linens done.
- Handyperson to take care of any odd jobs. No matter how big or small the job, our handyperson is here to help make your apartment or cottage feel like home!
- On-site barber/beauty salon where you can schedule an appointment time that works for you. Whether you need a going out look, or just a change of color, our beauty salon is available.
If there is a service you didn’t see on our list that you’re looking for, just give us a call! It’s our job to ensure that all of our residents’ needs are met, and we’ll work with you to find a way to get you the care you need.