Seminole Shores Assisted Living
Our Mission: It is our mission to provide the highest quality of care to the senior adults in residence at Seminole Shores Assisted Living Center. We strive to create an environment that encourages personal growth and development, as well as self-sufficiency. Our residents are all deserving of care and respect and we work to meet their needs and preserve their independence and dignity.
Seminole Shores staff is available to assist you with all of your needs, at any time you may need assistance. Basic personal care services include:
Meals & Snacks
At Seminole Shores, three tasty and healthy meals are served in our dining room, at scheduled times. Breakfast (hot and made to order!) is served from 7–9 a.m., with cold breakfast items available after 9 a.m.. Dinner is served at noon, and supper is served from 5–6 p.m.. Meals are served in our community dining room; for a small fee, residents may take meals in their apartments, though we highly encourage taking advantage of the social opportunity meals present. Visitors are welcome to share meals with residents (for a nominal charge).
Residents are free at all times to enjoy a variety of delicious snacks and beverages, including homemade cookies and other baked goods, as well as sandwiches, fruits, ice cream, coffee, tea, and much more.
Licensed nurses are on-staff and available 24/7. Trained Medication Technicians are scheduled around-the-clock to provide medication assistance which may include opening pill bottles, reminding residents to take medication and dispensing medication.
Wellness Checks & Mail Service
We make a point every day of meeting with our residents to check on their well-being and to deliver mail and newspapers.
Our maintenance staff is friendly and experienced, capable of performing a variety of maintenance tasks, from changing light bulbs and touching up paint to more serious concerns.
Everyday, our conscientious and experienced housekeepers will make your bed. Twice per week, they will change your bath towels, and every week our housekeeping staff will vacuum and dust your apartment, change your bed linens, and wash your personal laundry, all with the utmost respect for your personal belongings.
As Needed Care
For our residents in need of more support than included in our basic personal care services, supplementary support is available. To determine the level of care residents may need, each individual is assessed via our Personal Needs Assessment. Mobility, cognition, continence, and other daily living activities are considered in this assessment, and assessments are performed upon move-in to our facility, 30 days after move-in, and every quarter. Upon completion of an assessment, results are discussed with the resident and his or her family/representative, and additional care and rate changes are addressed as necessary.
Supplementary care may include
- Dressing and grooming assistance
- Escort to activities and meals
- Assistance with meals
- Bedtime tuck-in
- Toileting assistance and incontinence management
- Administration of complex medication, and testing required prior to medication administration
- Bathing assistance, in residents’ personal shower or hydrotherapy tub
Seminole Shores sponsors health and wellness initiatives and opportunities to help our residents live well. These programs include
- Pharmacist medication review and medication assistance
- Blood pressure checks
- Hearing aid and eyeglasses checks
- Podiatrist appointments
- Seminars on health and wellness topics
- Nurses, on staff
- Programs in exercise and fall prevention, taught by physical and occupational therapy professionals
- Social engagement opportunities and events
- Group walking
- Senior-friendly aerobics
- Chair dancing
- Fun and active Nintendo Wii® games including bowling, tennis, and golf
- Balloon toss
Specialized Dementia Care
Specialized care is available to residents suffering from memory impairment, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, through The Terrace, our dedicated memory care unit. The Terrace is staffed with specially selected and trained individuals who understand the challenges that residents with memory impairment face and can provide the support that these residents need.
The Terrace also employs a modified environment, designed to reduce stress, confusion, and anxiety in residents by making fewer demands on memory and fading skills. This environment often results in an improved quality of life for our residents.
Specialized support services from The Terrace include:
- Maintenance of daily routines
- Encouragement of appropriate physical activity
- Guidance in social interaction with staff, peers, and guests
- Maintenance of mental function level through prompts and cues
- Support in performing daily tasks with as much autonomy possible
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence
- Assistance at meal times
- Support and care that is person- and not disease-centered
- Support for family members