Welcome ToTHE VILLAGE AT BAY RIDGE SENIOR COMMUNITY
Traverse City, MI
Welcome to the Village at Bay Ridge, Traverse City’s premier independent senior living community!
Get In Touch
At the Village at Bay Ridge, we’re dedicated to providing you with the spacious accommodations, services, and amenities you need to live the comfortable, independent lifestyle you deserve. For more information on our community, keep scrolling, or jump to your area of interest using the provided links.
About Our Senior Living Community
Located in Traverse City, Michigan, The Village at Bay Ridge is an independent senior living community for residents aged 55 and up. It’s a common misconception that senior living communities are just for those who need additional medical care as they age. Take just one look at The Village at Bay Ridge, and you’ll see why this misconception really is just a myth.
With beautiful cottage-style homes with adjoining garages as well as spacious one and two-bedroom apartments, your life at Bay Ridge is truly your own. We offer a wide array of amenities, services, and community events, but here, independent senior living is just that— independent.
If you’re ready to make the move to an independent senior living community in beautiful Northern Michigan, The Village at Bay Ridge is ready for you. Spend a day at the beach, the Farmer’s Market, the shops downtown, and more!
Welcome to Traverse City. Welcome to the Village at Bay Ridge.
Our retirement community offers spacious independent living residences, including one and two-bedroom apartments, as well as beautiful cottage-style homes with adjoining garages. No matter what accommodations are best for you, every Bay Ridge retirement home comes with controlled access to your own living space and unlimited access to our many community buildings and amenities.
The Village at Bay Ridge Apartment Amenities
Each of our living spaces features the following amenities:
- Available barrier-free units
- Cable television with expanded basic service
- Pre-wired for broadband internet access
- Emergency call systems located in bathrooms and larger living areas
- Individually controlled air-conditioning and gas forced-air heat
- Water, sewer, and trash removal
- Neutral color scheme that can be decorated to fit any taste
- Private balcony or patio, with units available overlooking the beautiful Grand Traverse Bay and downtown Traverse City
- Window treatments
- Wall-to-wall carpeting in the living room and bedroom
- Vinyl flooring in kitchen and bath
- Bathroom with step-in shower or tub
- Fully equipped kitchen with full-sized, frost-free refrigerator, garbage disposal, and electric range
The Village at Bay Ridge Community Features
At the Village at Bay Ridge, it is of the utmost importance to us that all residents feel at home in our community. We offer the following community features, available to each of our residents at no extra charge.
- Mini-theatre for movie and television viewing
- Card and game room with billiards table
- Spacious library with grand piano and fireplace
- Well-equipped fitness center
- Computer room with unlimited internet access
- Central air-conditioning
- Outdoor patio with tables, chairs, and umbrellas—the perfect spot to take your coffee or tea on a warm summer morning
- Beautifully landscaped grounds ideal for an afternoon walk
- Covered entrance portico with 24-hour entry intercom system
- Grand foyer
- Private dining room for special events and occasions
- Elegant central dining room
- Mail station with private interior mailboxes
- Conveniently located elevators
- Resident convenience store for purchase of minor necessities
- Coin-free laundry rooms located on each floor
- Trash disposal room on each floor
- 24-hour emergency maintenance service
- On-site management
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Outstanding location in Traverse City: close to downtown boutiques and shops, malls, department stores, restaurants, parks, and other community amenities
- Just minutes away from the new Traverse City YMCA and all the amenities offered there
- Individual storage areas (additional fee)
- Carports and garages (additional fee)
- Guest suite for overnight visitors (additional fee)
Our Pet Policy
Here, you’re home. We’re happy to accommodate your furry friend, too! So long as residents are able to care for pets without staff assistance, they are allowed on site.
For security reasons, we do have certain restrictions on the size and type of cat or dog. When you move into the Village at Bay Ridge with your pet, we will require an extra pet deposit, as well as copies of current vaccination records and spay/neuter certificate.
We also welcome pet visitors at any time in our community, as long as they remain on their leash, are carried, or arrive in a pet travel carrier.
We’re here to empower our residents’ independent lifestyles. We believe that by offering the services and resources you need, you’re best able to live your life according to your own goals. From access to reputable doctors and wellness experts to services that help you get out and about, we’re here to help you make the most of life in Traverse City.
Health and Wellness
The Village at Bay Ridge is a part of one of Traverse City’s premier continuum of care communities, which means we take our residents’ health very seriously. We offer the following services, at no additional cost to you:
- Regular blood pressure checks
- Eyeglass and hearing aid checkups
- Wellness seminars
- Monthly opportunities to “Ask a Nurse”
- Fall prevention and strength training exercise programs
Out and About Services
At the Village at Bay Ridge, errands don’t have to be boring. We offer a convenient and fun Bay Ridge Community bus to all residents at no additional cost. The community bus takes regularly scheduled trips to:
- Local supermarkets
- Local banks
- Community library
- Shopping malls and area department stores
- Local senior center
- The Traverse City YMCA
- Many other destinations based on regular resident requests.
We’ll never charge you for a service you don’t use. But, if there are additional services that you’re looking for, we’re glad to offer them according to your wishes. Each of our add-on services is completely optional, and you may choose to book them for a small additional fee. Some of our most frequently booked add-on services include:
- Chef-prepared dinners—Available Monday through Friday, dinners are served in our elegant formal dining room. You can choose to simply pay as you go, or opt for an extended meal plan. Again, you’ll never pay for a meal you don’t eat.
- Housekeeping services—Choose a housekeeping schedule that fits your lifestyle. We offer biweekly, weekly, and spring cleaning options, so you can have your house cleaned regularly if you wish, or just every once in a while when you don’t have time to get to it yourself.
- Laundry service—We’ll wash all of your laundry for you, or just your linens. You choose an option that fits you best, and you’ll only pay when you need us to do the laundry.
- Handyperson—We hope our residents feel welcome to change and decorate their apartments in a way that suits their tastes. Sometimes that means you need to hang shelves, picture frames, or move in some more furniture. Hire our handyperson to handle those harder-to-handle odd jobs for you!
- Full-service barber/beauty salon—Whether you’re getting your hair done for a night out, or you just need a bit of a cut and style, we offer a full-service beauty salon right in the community. Go whenever your schedule allows.
If there’s a service you’re looking for that you don’t see on any of the above lists, don’t hesitate to ask! Our friendly staff is here to help, and we’re willing to work with you to ensure that all of your needs and wants are met. Give our office a call at 231-995-9385 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or with any questions you may have.
Events at The Village at Bay Ridge
For more precise information on all the happenings and events going on this month at the Village at Bay Ridge, make sure to check out our monthly activity schedule, or read up on the community in our regular newsletter, both located below.
If you’re looking to retire in Northern Michigan, chances are you’re looking for an adventure and a community to call your own. We’re proud to offer a number of community events both on and off-site. Choose to participate in the events that sound like you, and feel free to sit out the ones that don’t.
There’s something for everyone at the Village at Bay Ridge, whether you’re just looking to meet some of your new neighbors, or explore the community around you!
Off-site Activities in Traverse City and Surrounding Areas
We regularly organize day trips that take our residents to various points of interest around the community. And since the Village at Bay Ridge is located in bustling Traverse City, there’s no shortage of things to do out and about! Some of our regular destinations include:
- Trips to the casino
- Community events
- Theatre outings
- Color tours in beautiful Northern Michigan
- Mystery trips
- Lunch at some of Traverse City’s highly recommended local restaurants
- Bingo at the senior center
- Various other local destinations and trips are organized according to resident requests
On-site Activities at The Village at Bay Ridge
There’s always something to do right at home at the Village at Bay Ridge. Our on-site Social Director arranges fun social activities and events that fill up nearly every day of the month, and the schedule changes each month to ensure there’s always something new and fun going on. Some of our regular activities include, but certainly aren’t limited to:
- Book clubs
- Quilting groups
- Bible study
- Coffee clubs for men and women
- Current event discussion groups
- Movie night
- Bingo, games, and puzzles
- Arts and crafts classes
- Holiday parties and dinners
- Musical entertainment and programs
- Educational programs and classes
- Volunteer opportunities for meaningful community engagement
For more precise information on all the happenings and events going on this month at the Village at Bay Ridge, make sure to check out our monthly activity schedule, or read up on the community in our regular newsletter.
Our Continuum of Care
The Village at Bay Ridge is more than just an independent senior living community. We’re also part of a larger, complete continuum of care.
What Does That Mean?
- It means instant access to increased medical attention and healthcare services, should you or a loved one need them.
- It means priority accommodations in our assisted living facilities and memory care centers.
- It means that you’re part of the Village at Bay Ridge community.
As such, we’re here to provide you with the utmost care, no matter what that looks like. Our independent living and assisted care facilities are right next to each other, ensuring you always have access to the support you need.
The Village at Bay Ridge is right next door to Bay Ridge Assisted Living, our luxurious, fully MDHHS-licensed assisted living community. Residents of The Village at Bay Ridge who decide they may need the supplemental support of assisted living, memory care, or even a short-term stay after an illness or injury, are able to seek care at Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center.
The Village at Bay Ridge Apartment & Building Floor Plans
Click the links below to view The Village at Bay Ridge’s independent living facilities layout and sample cottage and apartment styles.
TOUR THE VILLAGE AT BAY RIDGE SENIOR COMMUNITY
Take a virtual tour through the video provided or contact us below to set-up a tour of the beautiful Village at the Bay Ridge community and see our features firsthand.